Thursday, January 22, 2009

The topic for today is "What's the most painful thing that's ever happened to you?"


I'm not really sure. I used to be a gymnast, so I had my fair share of injuries that were really painful. The sharpest pain was probably when I was trying to tumble on a broken elbow for beam. I didn't know it was broken yet, and was frustrated that I couldn't do anything. So I jumped back to do a back handspring. When I landed on my hands my elbow hurt excruciatingly bad and it collapsed. I tried to convince myself I was making too big of a deal of the pain and did it again. After a few more tries I couldn't take it anymore and went to ice my arm. Well, it turned out that I'd somehow fractured my radial head in my elbow and had been trying to tumble on a broken bone. I didn't get a cast, but couldn't do gym for two or three months. It really wasn't fun.



I got shingles once, and everyone talks about how bad it hurts, but I don't really remember pain on my face at all. I felt so sick that I didn't really notice the huge blisters on my face and in my mouth. Ha ha... kind of funny sounding, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment