Monday, April 6, 2009

Hmmm...What do I admire about my mommy or daddy? I think I'll say both.
So for my mommy, I admire her amazing amount of energy. She does a TON of work every day, cleaning all the horses' stalls and keeping up with the maintenance on the house. This isn't really what I'm talking about, though. What makes her unique is that, even when she doesn't have to be doing work, she will be working or doing something active. I'll be down riding my horse at the arena and the whole time (usually an hour or hour and a half) if she's not riding she'll be walking around the arena a million times, resetting trail logs, picking up rocks, organizing things, and a ton of other things. While most people would sit on the fence and be lazy, my mom is finding things to do constantly, even when she doesn't have to. Her incredible amount of energy and drive is enviable.
As for my daddy, I admire his incredible dedication. He works at a hospital and works really odd hours, so he's constantly having to get up at like three in the morning and leave for work, and then go to meetings at five the next day. I consider getting up at six bad, but he gets up for work all the time without complaining. A lot of time, he even has work on holidays: people always need taking care of, and they're not going to stop getting sick over the holidays. He has a really hard job, and he does it with grace.
Yeah, I know. My parents are pretty wicked amazing.

1 comment: